- This event has passed.
Apr 26-28 Camp Fire Restoration Weekend
April 26 @ 8:00 am - April 28 @ 5:00 pm
This weekend is an opportunity to come together in Paradise for an educational experience in regenerative design, ecological restoration, community organizing and permaculture gardening. We’ll gather as a community to learn by doing, and leave the place better than when we found it!
Time & Location
Apr 26, 5:00 PM – Apr 29, 6:00 PM Eco-Camp at 246 Schlaf dr. Oroville CA
Apr 27th 10am – 5pm Pine Ridge School (13878 Compton Dr, Magalia, CA 95954)
About the Event
“Rebuilding Paradise” – Ecosystem Restoration Camp Weekend #1 SPRING
Join us in beginning the process to restoring the areas destroyed by the Camp fire in Butte County. The Camp will be at a lovely 15-acre property just outside the fire boundary. On Saturday we’ll meet at a school in Magalia (one of the few remaining ), to start planting the school’s garden. Also, this location will be home to talks, workshops, and community actions around ecosystem restoration & community restoration. Let’s take steps together.
This is a Leave No Trace event + Leave it better than you found it.
Other important details
DATES // Sunday, April 26-28, full weekend event for locals & community from the surrounding areas. Camping limited to 100 people. Locals given priority by sign-up date. We have limited capacity and NO ONE WILL BE TURNED AWAY FOR LACK OF FUNDS. If you need assistance or have any questions, please email:
SCHEDULE // (more detailed schedule to follow)
FRIDAY // Day 1 – Topic: CREATION
– Arrival, check-in, opening ceremony, dinner, music (musicians TBA)
– Bring you own camping supplies, some cups, dishes and utensils, and some snacks to share at our sharing table.
SATURDAY // Day 2 – Topic: REGENERATION
– Rebuilding Paradise gathering at Pine Ridge school in Magalia (all ages). Listen to talks, join in our co-learning lab, help students start a school garden, plant native species, demonstration sites, experience music & faire. Participation encouraged (so is carpooling). Volunteer support needed, get in touch if you want a role (or help out when you show up): firstname.lastname@example.org.
– Communal dinner back at camp site
SUNDAY // Day 3 – Topic: RESTORATION
– Permaculture action & education
– Break out planning and vision groups.
Scholarships available to survivors of the Camp Fire and others with good reason or willing to do work trade.
Here is the link: https://forms.gle/Si5qE5RxwWvetYwr5
We look forward to connecting and seeing you there.
**Please note the sensitivity around fire and DO NOT bring your own stoves.**
The Camp Fire Restoration Project Team